( Photo credit from Business world)Seventeen (17) Filipinos was featured in Forbes Magazine as the top richest people on the planet. Manny Villar, a real estate tycoon, acquired $5.5 billion, making him as the richest man among the top 10 billionaires in the Philippines.
Moreover, it is the first time that a pure Filipino was recognized as the wealthiest man in the country. Globally, Villar ranked 317th.
Over the years, the late-business tycoon, Henry Sy , who died last January at the age 94, led as the richest man in the Philippines.
Further, the spots were occupied by the following Filipinos being one of the top 10 billionaires in the Philippines: John Gokongwei Jr., attained a net worth of $5.1 billion. This man is known for Cebu Pacific and other businesses.
On the 3rd place, Enrique Razon Jr. with $4.8 billion; Lucio Tan (No. 436, $4.4 billion); Tony Tan Caktiong and family ($3.9 billion); Ramon Ang ($2.9 billion) and, markedly, Andrew Tan of Alliance Global Inc. with $2.7 billion.
Interestingly, the heirs of Henry Sy namely, Hans and Herber were tied at the 8th place with a net worth of $2.4 billion.
On the other, their other siblings, placed on the 9th, Harley, Henry Jr. and Teresita Sy-Coson ($2.2 billion each). Lastly, with $1.9 billion, owned by Elizabeth Sy.
Apart from these tycoons, 11th-17th placed were occupied by the following richest people:
Accordingly, Eduardo Cojuangco of San Miguel Corp. acquired a net worth of $1.4 billion; Robert Coyiuto Jr. ($1.4 billion), Ricardo Po ($1.2 billion ), and Roberto Ongpin ($1.1 B).
13. Roberto Ongpin ($1.1 billion)
12. Ricardo Po Sr. and family ($1.2 billion)
11. Eduardo Cojuangco ($1.4 billion)
11. Robert Coyiuto, Jr. ($1.4 billion)
10. Elizabeth Sy ($1.9 billion)
9. Harley Sy, Henry Sy, Jr., and Teresita Sy-Coson ($2.2 billion)
8. Hans Sy and Herbert Sy ($2.4 billion)
7. Andrew Tan ($2.7 billion)
6. Ramon Ang ($2.9 billion)
5. Tony Tan Caktiong and family ($3.9 billion)
4. Lucio Tan ($4.4 billion)
3. Enrique Razon Jr. ($4.8 billion)
2. John Gokongwei Jr ($5.1 billion)
1. Manny Villar ($5.5 billion)
Source: FORBES BILLIONAIRES IN 2019