Davao Mayor Inday Sarah Duterte-Carpio placed Davao City under community quarantine to combat the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
This initiative is an aggressive and proactive measure to the impending spread of Covid-19 in the City.
“We deemed it necessary to declare community quarantine in Davao City, dili na ta maghulat na naay magpositive for Covid-19 sa Davao City before ta magdeclare (we do not need to wait that someone will be infected by COVID-19 before we declare)” Inday Sara Duterte-Carpio said.
Apart from the community quarantine, the mayor of Davao banned flights from Clark early Sunday morning through signing the Executive Order 09.
“Doctors want to contain everything in Metro Manila, and yet Manila passengers are allowed to fly out of Clark to Davao City. Please rethink what you are doing.” the mayor stated.
COMMUNITY QUARANTINE RULES IN DAVAO CITY:
1. PEOPLE SHOULD STAY IN THEIR HOMES AND MAY ONLY COME OUT TO WORK, BUY FOOD OR MEDICINES, GO TO THE HOSPITAL OR TAKE OUT GARBAGE
2. MASS GATHERINGS AND CLASSES FROM KINDERGARTEN TO POST-GRADUATE STUDIES WILL BE SUSPENDED UNTIL AFTER THE STATE OF PUBLIC EMERGENCY HAS BEEN LIFTED
3. ALL RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES ARE SUSPENDED
4. GOVERNMENT WORK WILL NOT BE DISRUPTED
5. EMPLOYEES FROM OTHER PROVINCES MAY ENTER DAVAO CITY — BUT NECESSARY SCREENING PROCEDURES MUST BE FOLLOWED
6. PRIVATE COMPANIES MUST PREPARE AND IMPLEMENT FLEXIBLE WORKPLAN FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES
7. REQUIRE PEOPLE TO PROCURE SERVICES AND BUY GOODS ONLINE FROM LOCAL SUPPLIERS
8. REQUIRE ONLINE MEETINGS AND BANK TRANSACTIONS
9. PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION WILL BE ALLOWED
10. CARGO DELIVERIES WILL BE ALLOWED
11. ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT MAY BE DETERMINED IN THE FUTURE TO BE APPLICABLE IN COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Last night, Mayor Duterte-Carpio encouraged other LGUs to establish PUI quarantine in their respective areas.
“I am asking all mayors of other LGUs na kapitbahay namin gumawa na kayo ng PUI quarantine area ninyo. Otherwise, I will close Davao City and you will have no access to hospitals and other essential services. Nagsasakripisyo na ang Davao City na walang lockdown para sa inyo, gumawa naman kayo ng action,” Mayor Duterte-Carpio said.